We had some strawberries left in the fridge that needed to be eaten before they went bad, and I’ve had the baking itch, so we decided on strawberry cookies.
I eat a low-carb diet for health reasons, so this recipe is adjusted for that. However, it’s still fairly easy to make and tastes delicious to boot! There is also a printer-friendly version of this recipe at the bottom of the page.
Well, besides the fact that we had some that needed to be eaten, strawberries are wonderful to use in magick for love, luck, and peace. My daughter and I decided that we all needed a bit more of that in our house, so we came up with a little spell to say when rolling the dough into the cookie shapes. Also, sweet things tend to do a very good job in sweetening up the household – or whoever eats the treats – if a little bit of magick is involved.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Cup of Diced Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup of Lilly’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/4 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Swerve – Confectioners (any other zero/low carb confectioner sugar should work, too)
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Liquid Stevia
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
Everyone in my house loved these and they were all gone by the next day. This recipe makes about 12 cookies that are 2 inches in diameter. More cookies can be made from the dough if you make them smaller, and less can be made if you make them bigger.
I will be making more of these sometime soon, especially since they’re all gone!
Fresh strawberries and little chocolate chips to sweeten the heart and bring peace to those who eat them.
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In one bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil. Then whisk in the eggs, stevia, and vanilla extract.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients (this means you create a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients in their bowl) and then pour in the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add the strawberries and chocolate chips to the bowl. Gently fold the ingredients all together.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and roll the dough into balls.
- During this step, my daughter and I came up with a chant to use. Yes, it is to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat…haha
Roll, roll, roll the dough
between your little palms.
Strawberries and chocolate fill the heart
with peace and love to calm.
- Place them on the parchment paper approximately an inch apart. Then, flatten them down a little into shape.
- Bake them at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- When they’re done, move them to a baking rack to let them cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying them!
Print the PDF!
I’ve put this recipe together in an easy-to-print PDF format. Print it out and keep it in your Grimoire, your recipe book, or you Book of Shadows.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchase made using an affiliate link may earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.